Friday, March 2, 2007

Interview Time!! Dana Littlejohn is with me today!!

Good Morning Purrfectly wonderful friends... Today feel like a purring friday to me! How about you? It is a decadent friday and you know me I am always up for a bit of decadence:)
Lucky for us today we have Dana Littlejohn in the interview chair to tell us all about her and her books. Now every one grab a cup of coffee and drop a dove chocolate in it to melt..Yummmm! Read Dana's interview and leave us a few comments!
******

Dahlia: Hey Dana another Brooklyn girl! J Welcome to my blog! Could you tell us more about how you got started in writing?
Dana: Sure! I was waking up in the middle of the night driving my husband crazy with the craziness I was dreaming. He suggested that I write it down because if I was going crazy he did not want to go with me. LOL True story and since I always liked writing I took his advice.

2: Dahlia: What is your muse for your books Dana?
Dana: My muse, hmm…I don’t think I have really pinpointed her. I usually work a story by asking myself the ‘what if’ questions. Someone either gives a topic or I come up with a topic and stuff like, what if it wasn’t normally like this, but like that.

3: Dahlia: The House is your most recent release. What is it about and where can readers find it?”
Dana: The House is about a woman named Diamond Jones. She was always shy and led a sheltered life; her only outlet was her friend Tia. Tia had enough guts for the both of them. Together they go to a spa and meet two women that invite them to what they think is a house party and going there changes both their lives.

4: Dahlia: What other books do you have available for all of us?
Dana: The Yin/Yang Effect is a full length novel that is doing well and getting great reviews and so are my two short stories, Zorro who? and He had Holly for Christmas all out at Ocean’s Mist Press. I have a Valentine story out, The Lover’s Brew, at Amira Press and another full length novel at Mardi Gras Publishing, Behind the Wings. It has just gotten its first review and it was good, also.

7: Dahlia: If there was one place in the world you could visit where would it be and why?
Dana: Ever since I was a little girl I have always dreamed of going to the Virgin Islands. I would love to sit on the beautiful beaches and write a story about the exotic resorts there.

8: Dahlia: Dana which of your books was your favorite to write and why?
Dana: My favorite is The Lover’s Brew. I fell in love with Peter and just loved how he loved love and everything about love.

9: Dahlia: If you are not writing, what will Dana be doing for fun in busy New York?
Dana: When I was home I loved to go sight seeing in the city. For those of you who aren’t native New Yorkers that’s Manhattan. LOL I liked checking out museums and hotels, some of them even made it to my books.

10: Dahlia: What are some of your favorite things in life? Foods, colors etc?
Dana: My favorite things, well, I love sea food-all of it! LOL I like red wine, fuzzy slippers, purple is my favorite color, I’m a die hard Prince fan and I love Gerald Levert music. My favorite thing to do when I feel like my brain will explode from different ideas at once is eat Cherry Garcia ice cream and color love scenes from coloring books to hang on the walls in my computer room. I also collect figurines of couples to put on the shelves in my room.

11: Dahlia: Are they any works in progress you can tell us about. What can we expect from you in 2007?
Dana: As for works in progress, I’m working on a sequel to a goddess story I wrote Sekmet’s Awakening it’s called Kibuka’s Moon. It’s about how the goddess of the moon got her husband. I have another story, Asian Spice, which is part of an anthology with three other authors, Tigra Luna LeMar, Melinda Gonzales and Kendra Mei Chailyn called An Erotic Cocktail: A Mixture of Cultures. It’s looking for a home now. I’m also working on an urban lit I call The Lover and the Angel. It’s about a member of the Latin Lovers gang who finds there is more to life than gang banging, but before he could get out the leader of his gang is killed and the gang thinks he has done it. Coming out this year I have the Sekmet’s Awakening from Lavender Isis Press, a novella from Amira Press called The Sanctified Wife and two more novellas from Ocean’s Mist Press. Surge and Raine: A Merman’s Story is going to be under their new line, Twisted Fairy Tails (pun intended). It’s not your mothers Little Mermaid story. The other is called The sun rose over Cairo. It’s about a lawyer who falls for one of her clients.

12: Dahlia: What hottie from the silver screen would play a character in your favorite book?
Dana: I think young Jonathan Franks, that’s Lieutenant Riker, would’ve made a
great Jake from the Yin/Yang Effect. Jamie Foxx would make a good Mike Davis
from Behind the Wings and I definitely would have Terrance Howard play Kain from
The House
.

13: Dahlia: If you could have one hot guy for a day to do your bidding, who would it be and what will they be doing?
Dana: That one was easy, Bob Sanders from the Indianapolis Colts. I call him Sexy Bob Sanders. I haven’t gotten a jersey yet, but if I had one I’d be wearing it while he was giving me a foot massage working his way up to a full body massage. Mmm…

14: Dahlia: Are their any mottos in life you would like to share with your readers?
Dana: I have two mottos. 1-If you have the passion for something that’s God’s permission to do it because he gives you the passion. 2- Do all you can do then step back and let God do what he does best.

15: Dahlia: So you have Shemar Moore on your doorstep should he be wearing boxers or briefs under those sexy jeans to tempt you? J
Dana: If Shemar Moore were trying to tempt me I would prefer if he was commando. *wink*

16: Dahlia: Where can the readers find out more about you Dana? Are there any contests we should know about for the release of “The House?”
Dana: My primary website is www.danalittlejohn.net, but I have another website that I have trailers, reviews and works in progress on, www.freewebs.com/liljohndana. Like many of you I also have a myspace, www.myspace.com/liljohndana. You can find out everything I’m doing on any them. A contest will start on March 1st to celebrate the release of The House. I also pick a person who gets my newsletter every month for a prize, just because they get my newsletter.
That was the one of babes of our author world Dana Littlejohn giving us the tidbits of her life. Go find out more about her and her new book “The House,” and drop by her website.
Till I see you all again!
Smooches
Dahlia Rose


No comments:

Step Into My Erotic Paradise "All are welcome"

Dahlia Rose,

Author, mother, lover, friend she is a rainbow of openness never to be defined. Defining her would be like trying to block a bullet. But, if you tried and happen to stumble upon her in wikipedia, you would find that she has lived nine lives and has warmed a million hearts. She has done more than most and navigated everywhere loving freely and forever changing her hair. A light to this world who uses her being to unfold secrets and keys that lay beneath destinies and blessing. She worships the moon and tattoos her dreams in books. A lioness brought here to conquer the sun with a pen…no war…love as a weapon to win. With Love as her sweater constantly warming you and I with words.



A best selling author of contemporary and paranormal romance with a hint of Caribbean spice. She was born and raised on a Caribbean island and now currently lives in Charlotte, NC with her five kids who she affectionately nicknamed "The children of the corn” and her biggest supporter/long time love. She has a love of erotica, dark fantasy, Sci-fi and the things that go bump in the night. Books and writing are her biggest passion and she hopes to open your imagination to the unknown between the pages of her books