Friday, March 30, 2007

Kisses From Kissa Starling!

Good Friday to you all Guys & Dolls!
I have the sensual and the erotic Kissa Starling for out interview today! Her stories are electric and so is this lady herself. You'll see as you read her interview!

1. Dahlia: One of my favorite writers is here with us to day welcome Kissa to my interview world today! How about giving us a little background about you?”

Thank you so much for the welcome Dahlia. I have written since the day I was born- diaries, short stories and poetry. I decided last summer that I would write with the intent to publish. I happened upon an erotic writing contest and my fingers haven’t stopped typing since. I live in Georgia with my husband, son and a multitude of pets. We share our home with two dogs, two cats, two rabbits and two hermit crabs.


2: Dahlia: Your books are filled with eroticism and sensuality. What fills your imagination when you write these stories?

I have an endless imagination. My goal is to take readers on new, exciting, erotic journeys. Many of my stories contain BDSM elements. I have been in the lifestyle for about ten years now. In that time I have observed, or been a part of, many sensual activities. My husband inspires many of my works.

3: Dahlia: What current releases do you have now?

Right now I have two free reads at Sensual Venus. (http://www.sensualvenus.com/authors/kissa-starling.htm) These are actually the first two chapters of a novel I am working on. They are the first stories I published online right after I started submitting.

4: Dahlia: Do you have any upcoming books the readers should look for?

My first short story, ‘Candy Kisses’, is set to be released on June 6th at http://www.twilightfantasiespublications.com . It is a ‘Twisted Fairytale’ that explores fun f/f relationships. I will be doing an awesome give-a-way to celebrate my first release. Here is a blurb:
CANDY KISSES, an erotic version of the Little Red Riding Hood story, involves a character named Red who is driving to her grandmother' s house to deliver a basket of homemade goodies. Red doesn't heed her mother's warning not to eat the goodies. Each sinful bite leads to an erotic escapade!

My story, ‘Profiling’, will be available when Steamy Audio opens. It is a new publisher and set to open this summer. My story can be downloaded here:
http://www.steamyaudio.com/pages/auth_bio/authorbio_KStarling.php

7: Dahlia: Kissa I saw on one of your websites that you have stories in audio form. Could you tell us more about it? What made you decide to try this form?

I read the call for submissions from Steamy Audio and was so intrigued. I sold them ‘Profiling’ and I’m in the process of submitting additional stories to them. I’m really excited about this new form of erotic story. Readers will be able to download short, erotic stories for a reasonable price and listen to them whenever they want. This will be especially helpful for readers who don’t see well. I believe that everyone should have access to titillating erotic romance.

8: Dahlia: Do you write full time? If not what other hats does Kissa wear?

If you add up the time I spend writing every day and on the weekends- it adds up to a full time job. I come home every day and spend time on my writing. I have learned so much in the past few months. I work full time during the day also in the education field. It is another aspect of my life that is time consuming but I love it. There is nothing better than making a difference in someone’s life. I am also a full time wife and mother. Those jobs take precedence with me.

9: Dahlia: Are there any scenes in your books you find are difficult to write/ if yes could you explain why?

I can’t say that I have a difficult time writing any particular scene. My mind is a whirlwind full of ideas right now. One area I spend a lot of time on is research. My first novella is a time travel set in the 1950’s. I had so much fun researching cars, settings, clothing and books for that era. I am in the process of finding a home for that story.

10: Dahlia: On your blog there are thirteen things to know about Kissa Starling? Could you share a few of them?

I would love to share some things about me. I love walking on the beach and listening to the ocean. I love drive-in movies. (Yes, I still have one by me!) I love riding on the back of my husband’s Harley Davidson. There is nothing better than going down the road with a huge, vibrating machine between your legs. Here is something corny- I love playing games. I play Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble, cards, dominoes- anything ‘fun’.

11: Dahlia: What is a perfect relaxation day for you Kissa?

Sleeping in late would have to be first. I rarely get that indulgence anymore. I love to cook so I would make breakfast and let someone else clean up the mess. Afterwards I would go for a long walk and commune with nature. I love being outside. I might stop along the way to read. When I came home I would put on my fuzzy pajamas and sit around on the couch watching old movies. I would play basketball with my son, still in my pajamas of course. I would probably meditate sometime before bed. Kissing my husband good night would bring my perfect day to a close.

12: Dahlia: Out of all of your books which one was your favorite to write and who is your favorite characters? Tell us why?

So far my favorite character is Angel from my time travel story. She is a dominant femme who learns a lot about herself during her travels. Her biggest lesson is to take love where you find it and treasure that love. She also learns a lot about herself as a person by helping others throughout the story.

13: Dahlia: What are your aspirations for your writing career this year?

I have thought a lot about this the last few weeks and have even written down some goals. I have several short stories that are under consideration right now. I am hoping to get good news on several of them. My biggest goal is to write my first, full-length novel. I plan to finish it by the end of the summer so that I can submit. I think the quality of writing can always be improved so I am involved in several writing forums and online classes to enhance my writing. I plan to share all that I have learned with a new author just getting started. I am going to start a monthly newsletter as soon as I work out all of the details. This way I will be able to keep in closer touch to my readers. Another goal is to have a website up and running by the end of the summer. This will be in conjunction with my writing partner. My biggest aspiration- keep writing.

14: Dahlia: : If you could have one hot guy for a day to do your bidding who would it be and what will he be doing?

My husband is the hottest guy I know. I would have him massaging me for hours. He would have to take a bubble bath with me and wash my hair. He would have to cook for me, he is an awesome cook, and bring it to me in bed. I’ll leave the rest to your imagination. Maybe I’ll put it in my next story!


15: Dahlia: Is there any genre that you want to try your hand at writing?

Yes. I have thought about working on a historical. I love doing the research so this might just be perfect for me. I submitted my first short chick-lit story this week. Wish me luck!

16: Dahlia: Where can the readers find out more about you Kissa?

I have a relatively new blog at: http://www.myspace.com/kissastarling
I love getting comments from readers. Feel free to email me anytime at kissa_starling@yahoo.com

That was Kissa Starling ladies and gents! She will fill your memory with the sensual kisses of her erotic words. Look for her stories not only in written form, but in audio form as well. I know I’d love to hear some one whispering a sexy story in my ear!
See ya next week luvvies!
Smooches
Dahlia Rose

4 comments:

MK Mancos/Kathleen Scott said...

Great interview, Kissa!! I learned quite a bit about you. Good luck with the historical and time travels.

-Kat

Kissa Starling said...

Thank you so much for stopping by. Now you know all my deep dark secrets!

Thanks for the luck- although I think we make our own.

Kissa

Rhonda Stapleton said...

What a great interview--thanks for posting the link on Romance Divas!!

Kissa Starling said...

Thanks Rhonda. Always good to see a Diva drop by!

Step Into My Erotic Paradise "All are welcome"

Dahlia Rose,

Author, mother, lover, friend she is a rainbow of openness never to be defined. Defining her would be like trying to block a bullet. But, if you tried and happen to stumble upon her in wikipedia, you would find that she has lived nine lives and has warmed a million hearts. She has done more than most and navigated everywhere loving freely and forever changing her hair. A light to this world who uses her being to unfold secrets and keys that lay beneath destinies and blessing. She worships the moon and tattoos her dreams in books. A lioness brought here to conquer the sun with a pen…no war…love as a weapon to win. With Love as her sweater constantly warming you and I with words.



A best selling author of contemporary and paranormal romance with a hint of Caribbean spice. She was born and raised on a Caribbean island and now currently lives in Charlotte, NC with her five kids who she affectionately nicknamed "The children of the corn” and her biggest supporter/long time love. She has a love of erotica, dark fantasy, Sci-fi and the things that go bump in the night. Books and writing are her biggest passion and she hopes to open your imagination to the unknown between the pages of her books