Monday, April 30, 2007

Interview with Marci Baun "Editor and Chief of Freya Bower and Wild Child Publishing

The blog went up a little late this week! Due to blogger not letting me in.But never fear through persistance and a few cuss words...LOL here it is!
Don't forget Thursday May 3rd is the day that Sabrina Luna will be on our blog on her mini book tour!!

Ladies and Gents. We have a treat today. Marci Baun has given us an interview!


Dahlia: This is first time for the blog this week. We have the editor and chief of Freya’s Bower and Wild Child Publishing, Marci Baun with us! Welcome Marci! Please tell us a little more about you and what you do?

Thank you, Dahlia! I am delighted to be here.

Well, I have three hats, really. I not only am the editor-in-chief of both Freya’s Bower and Wild Child Publishing, but I am a stay-at-home mom, which is by far the hardest of the three jobs. (smile) My toddler keeps me very busy. I do most of my work for the two publishing houses after she goes to bed and during her nap…when she takes one.

2: Dahlia: It might be quite a job managing both publishing companies, how do you keep everything coordinated and running smoothly?

That’s probably one of the biggest challenges. Some days run smoother than others. It’s a matter of organization and focusing on one project at a time with a list of what is to be done next.

3: Dahlia: In the midst of all your work, do you write as well?

On occasion. Usually, my writing consists of a short, humorous article rarely topping 500 words, but I’ve managed 1200 before. Although I’d enjoy writing more, I don’t really have the time to do it.

4: Dahlia: Tell us about some of the books that are out with both Publishing companies?

Well, Wild Child Publishing is strictly a mainstream fiction publisher. We publish all the genres you would find in mainstream fiction. Our catalog consists mostly of psychological thriller, horror, literary short story collection, and a romantic suspense. We have two or three more in the horror/psychological thriller in edits. I would like to expand our offerings.

Freya’s Bower is strictly romance and erotica. We welcome all genres and currently have over 50 titles available.

5: Dahlia: Marci are either Freya’s Bower or Wild Child Publishing open for submissions?

Yes. We are always open to well-written material. (smile) You can check out our submission guidelines at: http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/content/view/32/100/
And http://www.freyasbower.com/content/view/12/31/

6: Dahlia: So Marci what is a typical day for you like?

A typical day? There is no such thing. I spend a good portion taking care of my toddler. When I am not doing that, I am on my computer editing, promoting, and planning what comes next. It’s a never-ending process. Some days require more computer time than others.

7: Dahlia: Are there any new horizons opening up for the companies this year?

We are increasing our print books for both places. You will also see ads for both companies in the appropriate magazines and online places. (Ex. Affaire de Coeur, Romantic Times for Freya’s Bower and Cemetery Dance and the like for Wild Child Publishing.)

8: Dahlia: Do both publishing company offer print contracts and what are the guidelines for that?

We have some guidelines we’ve offered to our authors. We require a specific number of ebooks to be sold of each novel length ebook before we will print that title. If the author exceeds that number, it goes to press.

9: Dahlia: Behind the scenes Marci when the computer is off and your day is done. What would we find you doing?

Sleeping. (grin) You doubt me? LOL It’s true, although on occasion, you’ll find me singing, but the day isn’t necessarily done at that point. I also have other duties, like dinner and the usual stuff you do around the house. (Most of these are shared with my husband, except the cooking.)

10: Dahlia: Out of all of the genres that both companies offer what is your favorite and what genre would you like to see more submissions in?

Historic paranormal romance. I love the combination of these genres and would love to see more of this at both. I would love more historical period.

11: Dahlia: What do you think is the sexiest spot on a man’s body? J

Oh, now that depends on the man, but for the most part, a sincere smile and beautiful eyes is a definite plus. If a man has an amazing body, I enjoy a six-pack stomach and broad shoulders. This comes from years of competitive swimming and being surrounded by just such bodies.

12: Dahlia: If you could have one hot guy for a day to do your bidding who would it be and what will he be doing?

That would be my husband. Um, various things, including massaging my feet, doing the laundry and cleaning the house. (grin) Yeah, mundane, but my wants have changed with the age. Besides, we have a great sex life. (grin)

13: Dahlia: Who are some of your favorite writers? Do you find it hard to get personal time for reading between all the works you do?

I have very little personal time for reading, and when I do, it’s impossible to turn off the editor. As a result, many of my favorite writers’ works are not my favorite any more. However, Jane Eyre is still one of my favorite books and I’ve enjoyed the occasional Jude Devereux book, although not the last one I read. The one before, yes, but not this last one. I don’t even remember the title.

14: Dahlia: What are some of your favorite things in life Marci?

A good book, swimming, my family, helping an author perfect their manuscript, and Baskin Robbins rocky road ice cream.

15: Dahlia: Tell us where we can find out more about you, Freya’s Bower and Wild Child Publishing?

You can find Freya’s Bower at: http://www.freyasbower.com/ and Wild Child Publishing at http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/

That ladies and gents was the editor, Marci Baun giving us some great tidbits about two excellent publishing companies and some great behind the scene info about herself!
Until next week luvvies!
Smooches ~*~Dahlia Rose

No comments:

Step Into My Erotic Paradise "All are welcome"

Dahlia Rose,

Author, mother, lover, friend she is a rainbow of openness never to be defined. Defining her would be like trying to block a bullet. But, if you tried and happen to stumble upon her in wikipedia, you would find that she has lived nine lives and has warmed a million hearts. She has done more than most and navigated everywhere loving freely and forever changing her hair. A light to this world who uses her being to unfold secrets and keys that lay beneath destinies and blessing. She worships the moon and tattoos her dreams in books. A lioness brought here to conquer the sun with a pen…no war…love as a weapon to win. With Love as her sweater constantly warming you and I with words.



A best selling author of contemporary and paranormal romance with a hint of Caribbean spice. She was born and raised on a Caribbean island and now currently lives in Charlotte, NC with her five kids who she affectionately nicknamed "The children of the corn” and her biggest supporter/long time love. She has a love of erotica, dark fantasy, Sci-fi and the things that go bump in the night. Books and writing are her biggest passion and she hopes to open your imagination to the unknown between the pages of her books