Friday, December 15, 2006

Dahlia Rose Bio

Hello to those who don’t know me I’m Kelly Ann King with the Alias of “BajanDahlia” or “Dahlia Rose”
I was born on the little island of Barbados, I grew up with the sand between my toes and the smell of fruits and the sea in my nose. My mother always said I was too intelligent for my own good and my dad, well I was daddy’s little girl until I became a teenager, then I became a rebel. I fell in love with romance and erotica at an early age, reading my aunts Loveswepts and Mills & Boons novels. Stories of dark dashing men who saves their women or love that conquers all filled my head and I began doing something I found I loved. I began to write, my friends read my little stories and some were anxious to see more, some said my head was filled with filth, but on a small island where church was a Sunday thing and most functions was built around the church what else could they think. I knew different I knew that the thought of a kiss that melts your bones and a love that could surpass time was something to look forward to. I wanted that prince on a white horse. My dreams of being a writer were put of for awhile when I became a mother at the early age of sixteen, my daughter Deanna 14 now and my biggest supporter) was never counted as a mistake in my life, Her and I braved a new world by moving to New York city. I loved her from the moment she was conceived and four kids later, (G’kar 9, Kaine 5 and Lillinah 3 none of them would ever think they were not wanted. But alas the other half of the parent unit was not to be.
My best friend whom I tell everyone is my sister was also always in my world she is my life line and when things became low she was always there to pick me up and keep me going. I have known her since she was five and I was seven. She has been there for the birth if every one of my kids. In a relationship that spans over twenty years I could not imagine my life with out her. Together we can be the goofiest of people laughing at things that adults would call childish, but keeps us young heart. Together me and Cathy can be immortal children but when either of us needs the other we are there and instant always having each other backs. So as a single mom of four of the brightest stars in my universe I began to write again but this time because of a love that found me in the strangest of ways, the internet.
He encourage me to write again from letters I sent him and because he showed me the love that I looked for was not just a fantasy but could be real in his arms. Coerced by a friend I put my profile on a love website and met my dream man, He was in Iraq at the time and my soldier took my breath away, we went from exchanging emails to him calling me from overseas every night. By the time he came home we were a year into our relationship and never even met but he knew all about me and I about him. Our first meeting he came to New York to see me, I was so nervous I almost threw up in the cab but from there we have not been apart since. He is my “Bid daddy” and without him in my life as well as my kids, and my best friend my world would be a bleak place. I want to bring the love I found to my readers through my words and show that erotica and love go hand in had, that sexuality is so much better when you find your soulmate. In love nothing is taboo, just talk listen, live and love.
My first book which has just been accepted to be published is based on him and our lives, he showed me how to dream again and to love again. So I hope you who I count as friends on the internet or otherwise will visit my page often and chat with me through emails IM or what ever means. Till we speak know that love can be found in the strangest of places and no one should never give up on true romance. My Motto is to “Live life in Love and Love the life you Live” I hope everyone could find a piece of that in life.

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thanks for sharing your life with us the readers. It is wonderful to know that we all have a soulmate in this world. I have mine and we have been together for 37 years, two great children and 6 wonderful grandchildren.

Step Into My Erotic Paradise "All are welcome"

Dahlia Rose,

Author, mother, lover, friend she is a rainbow of openness never to be defined. Defining her would be like trying to block a bullet. But, if you tried and happen to stumble upon her in wikipedia, you would find that she has lived nine lives and has warmed a million hearts. She has done more than most and navigated everywhere loving freely and forever changing her hair. A light to this world who uses her being to unfold secrets and keys that lay beneath destinies and blessing. She worships the moon and tattoos her dreams in books. A lioness brought here to conquer the sun with a pen…no war…love as a weapon to win. With Love as her sweater constantly warming you and I with words.



A best selling author of contemporary and paranormal romance with a hint of Caribbean spice. She was born and raised on a Caribbean island and now currently lives in Charlotte, NC with her five kids who she affectionately nicknamed "The children of the corn” and her biggest supporter/long time love. She has a love of erotica, dark fantasy, Sci-fi and the things that go bump in the night. Books and writing are her biggest passion and she hopes to open your imagination to the unknown between the pages of her books