Friday, March 9, 2007

Skylers Grey is here to seduce us all!

What does month of a flame have to do with this author? Well its Skyler Grey of course. Read ob and see what this steamy author has to say!


1: Dahlia: Happy Friday Skyler! Thank you for being a part of my blog today! Could you tell us more about your writing career? How it started and progressed.

Thank you so much Dahlia for having me!
I started writing stories when I was nine thanks to my fifth grade teacher who use to have us write a composition paper that the class would take votes on. Mine always won, which was such a rush even at nine. Ha Later, I started writing poems when I was in my early teens, one piece I wrote while I was bawling my eyes out after watching, Choices of the Heart, which was based on a true story staring, Melissa Gilbert. It made everyone that read it cry. That sparked me into writing stories on notebook paper, which I lost over the years. It wasn’t until I was in my early thirties that I actually began to get serious with my writing, which is when I wrote my first novel. (using the computer this time) J

2: Dahlia: How do you find the inspiration for these wonderful books you bring to us?
My overwhelming love for romance, whether it’s on film or in a book. They ignite the spark that drives me to write fantasy Cinderella stories & not so Cinderella stories. I love all genres, so you’ll find tons of books in my personal library from Louis L’Amour, Johanna Lindsey, Ann Rice, Stephen King… the list goes on. J

3: Dahlia: There are some things that authors find difficult to write, maybe the emotional aspect of it. Is there anything that you would like to write that you have not done as yet?
Oh yes! I have a cousin who writes horror. Adra Steia, she’s extremely good but I’ve never thought of giving it a try personally until I started reading her books. But I do have a secret project I’m working on that I think might blow the socks off some of my reader’s.

4: Dahlia: What other books do you have available for all of us?
Below are my lists of books that are available now. J
Chamberlain’s Knight – time-travel erotica into the medieval era
http://www.lovestruckbooks.com/skylergrey.html
The Black Rose – contemporary suspense erotica
http://www.lovestruckbooks.com/skylergrey.html
Christmas Candy Anthology – various Christmas treats by multiple authors
http://whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com/authors/Skyler_Grey.shtml
Masquerade Vol 1 – anthology of greek gods granting mortals their ultimate fantasies
http://www.aphroditesapples.com/skyler_grey.htm
Shameful Desires – paranormal erotica
http://www.mardigraspublishing.com/catalog/shamefuldesires.html

Upcoming releases are:

Diary of a House, 413 Remembrance Lane – anthology of a magic diary left behind to grant the tenant of the home any wish they so desire… for a price.
Available this August with, Phaze Publishing.

The Feel of Lace – contemporary erotica
Available soon through Aphrodite’s Apples Publishing.


7: Dahlia: If there was one place in the world you could visit where would it be and why?
Scotland! What I would give to rent a cottage on a cliff for a month or two. To walk the beaches and scour the lands. *sigh* I would just be blown away. Not to mention the castles I’d be hawking in search of a Scottish rogue wearing a kilt.

8: Dahlia: Do you have a favorite out of your titles? Which is it and why?
Absolutely! Ride the Wind, by Lucia St Clair Robson
If you get the chance to read it, it will take your breath away. I gave it to my middle daughter to read and she swears to this day it’s the best book she has ever read.

9: Dahlia: Are you a full time writer? What would we find you doing if you are not writing?
Yes and I love it! I was a nail tech for seventeen years and have been retired now for two. If I’m not writing, you will always find me at the baseball field with my boys or at the dojo. I’m gone 5 nights a week due to the demand of my athletic children. But I love it so it’s okay. ;)

10: Dahlia: What are some of your favorite things in life? Foods, colors etc?
Lobster & steak, dipped in buttery sauce & still mooing! Lilacs & pinks. If I had another little girl, I’d do her room in those colors with glass fairy’s hanging from her ceiling. I love, sci-fi movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy was awesome. I love trolls, fairies, wizards, knights & dragons. I drive a truck, Chevy Avalanche. I love dogs & cats but I’m allergic to cats so I have to steal quick cuddles from my friends that own them & run wash my hands. I hate slap-stick comedy, it insults my brain but I admit, Hot Shots! Part Deux … did make me laugh. (I can’t believe I just admitted to that) I love horror movies, not gore, thriller suspense & romantic comedies, but my all time favorites are intense love stories. Ex: Legends of the Fall, Last of the Mohicans & The Notebook. The Passion of the Christ, also gripped my heart like no other. My favorite book when I was a little girl was, The Saggy Baggy Elephant. My favorite number is sixteen.

11: Dahlia: As writers we all have a few works in progress. Is there any you could tell us about to wet our appetites?
I’m in the process of writing a historical for one of my publishers, Aphrodite’s Apples, which will be released in their Regency Romp, Vol 2 series.

A western novel set in the Black Hills of Dakota involving a ½ breed Sioux Indian & a snotty little English aristocrat.

And of course that little secret I can’t talk about right now. J

12: Dahlia: What hottie from the silver screen would play a character in your favorite book?
Oh, my, gosh! I don’t know this guys name but he is, in my opinion, the epitome of what I would have my ultimate alpha male look like. I use to have a picture of him on my website but have tweaked it since & decided to take him off. Why, I don’t know but if anyone would truly like to see him, I’ll be glad to shoot a picture of him over to you if you e-mail me. I tucked him away in my private little album of hotties. ;)


13: Dahlia: Are their any mottos in life you would like to share with your readers?
Well, my girls like to say, “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.” Ha
I personally like to say, “It’s not how other see you that matters. What matters is how you see yourself.”

14: Dahlia: : If you could have one hot guy for a day to do your bidding who would it be and what will they be doing?
Only one day? L lol My alpha male, the Italian model with no name. *grin*
We’d be alone in that cottage on the cliff & he would seduce me like an erotica romance novel. *fanning self*

15: Dahlia: Finally Skyler, tell us where we could find out more about you and your books.
Visit my website & Myspace anytime & join my newsletter or e-mail me. Also, I’m a member of Sultry Sirens, The Romance Room & Rites of Romance Reviews, where you can come by anytime to hang out. J

Website:
http://skylersromance.tripod.com/skylerscove/
Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/skyler_grey
Sultry Sirens:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sultrysirens/
The Romance Room:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theromanceroom/
Rites of Romance Reviews
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RoRRChatters/
or E-mail:
skylers_romance@yahoo.com

I want to thank you Dahlia, for this wonderful opportunity to share a little part of myself with you. I thoroughly enjoyed it & look forward to visiting with you again soon.
In the meantime, sultry dreams…
Skyler

Do you like fire and heat to pour out of the pages of a book? Well this was in interview with Skyler Grey. This author raises the heat index and takes out temperatures to boil.
Till I see you all again!
Smooches
Dahlia Rose

No comments:

Step Into My Erotic Paradise "All are welcome"

Dahlia Rose,

Author, mother, lover, friend she is a rainbow of openness never to be defined. Defining her would be like trying to block a bullet. But, if you tried and happen to stumble upon her in wikipedia, you would find that she has lived nine lives and has warmed a million hearts. She has done more than most and navigated everywhere loving freely and forever changing her hair. A light to this world who uses her being to unfold secrets and keys that lay beneath destinies and blessing. She worships the moon and tattoos her dreams in books. A lioness brought here to conquer the sun with a pen…no war…love as a weapon to win. With Love as her sweater constantly warming you and I with words.



A best selling author of contemporary and paranormal romance with a hint of Caribbean spice. She was born and raised on a Caribbean island and now currently lives in Charlotte, NC with her five kids who she affectionately nicknamed "The children of the corn” and her biggest supporter/long time love. She has a love of erotica, dark fantasy, Sci-fi and the things that go bump in the night. Books and writing are her biggest passion and she hopes to open your imagination to the unknown between the pages of her books